Conceal Network Monthly Update, 2021 Recap
Hello and Happy New Year to all the Concealers out there! Today marks a new year in all our lives and a new era for the Conceal Network. Over the past months, we have had a plethora of changes and improvements to the Network, our Team and the overall Community as well. And so, we wanted to start up these monthly updates again so that we can better communicate to our Community what the team is doing to improve Conceal behind the scenes.
With that said, this first New Update will contain some information from before December and throughout 2021. Still, we want to have it established that on the 1st of each new month, we will recount significant events and improvements made for the month prior. We will be breaking up the core improvements by Departments within the Conceal DAO, and now onto the news!
Marketing and Business Development
Over the last years, the team has received much feedback regarding Marketing efforts and our PR strategies. We have always heard your concerns and are working towards resolving this issue. And now, at the end of 2021, we think we all can happily say that we have gained a very capable and skilled marketing head, our very own Mr_Kwibs, as well as a clearer vision for the marketing direction we wish to take for the Conceal Network.
Since he joined the team, we have had plenty of great news on the marketing front, including getting the Community involved in some really awesome grassroots marketing efforts. Adding to this, Okanist now has more time to focus on making great partnerships and business deals for Conceal as the head of Business Development!
Here are some of the significant events that happened recently in Marketing and Business Development:
- Launch of the Conceal Network Official YouTube channel.
- We are working on 60-seconds videos detailing each feature of Conceal in an easy to understand way.
- Conceal Hub promo video was released on the Official YouTube channel.
- An introduction to the Need of Cryptocurrency and Conceal has been made and released on our Official YouTube channel.
- CCX was listed on BitMart, a top 20 Exchange with massive volume.
- Many new reviews, articles and tweets from some well-known Crypto influencers and Crypto News websites.
- A Brand New Partnership with the Ergo Project.
- The #ERGCCXContest has been a success.
- An incredible AMA on the Wolfonaire Telegram chat with over 24,000 members.
Core Research and Development
This past year has been a major success for our Core Devs with the addition of new Bridges, Conceal Hub, massive improvements to the Conceal Core blockchain, and so much more! We brought on Fireice_UK for Core development and recently added a new developer to the Team in the form of Cartoon Face. Significant improvements to our wallets and even a massive overhaul to our Cloud infrastructure that was able to prevent constant DDoS attacks and secure the Cloud from nefarious actors.
All in all, our developers displayed enormous dedication and flexibility this year and are even more passionate about making Conceal the best Privacy ecosystem out there! Here are just a few of the major updates that have been done in recent months by our Core dev team:
- New releases were made for conceal-core (currently v6.5.2).
- Numerous improvements to the walletd (Daemon wallet) have been made for stability and scalability.
- New and reworked translations were done for the official website of Conceal Network.
- The initial release of Conceal Hub with wallets and deposits feature.
- Addition of Fireice_UK and Cartoon Face as guest developers to aid in Core development.
Over the past year, the Conceal Community has grown by leaps and bounds! Community engagement has increased as well, with many old and new members working to create engaging content, reaching out to others and doing their best to teach friends and family about the immense value of Privacy and by extension, the value of Conceal. With Conceal being a truly community-driven project, we are all extremely happy to see such activity within the community and we look forward to all the wonderful things our Concealers will create in the future!
With the help of our most dedicated Community members, our Community Managers have been working to think up new ways to get the larger Community to interact and engage with each other in this small corner of the internet we call home, and it shows! Here are some of the new things that have been going on in our Community:
- Launch of the Conceal Ambassador Program.
- A new online merchant now accepts CCX as payment.
- Top-notch Community created Infographics and Marketing materials were made and saved in the Conceal Community CryptDrive.
- Launch of the Discord Booster reimbursement campaign.
- Conceal Discord server was boosted to reach the highest level and now has access to many wonderful new features.
- A contest for Community members to create fun Emojis to add to the Conceal Discord emote pack, one lucky winner was chosen for a Concealed New Years Gift.
And now, at the beginning of this new year, we have had many great improvements in all our operations across the board and our vision toward the future is crystal clear. We have had many ups and downs, but we have come out of this year with a stronger, and more solid foundation than in years past. And while the crypto space is constantly evolving, we will remain flexible and dynamic in our approach to the development of the Conceal Network without losing sight of our core values of Freedom, Privacy, and Decentralization.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this, for supporting Conceal even during some rough market conditions, and for taking the time to be a part of this wonderful Community! We will have more updates coming your way on the first of each month. Stay tuned, and we will see you next time!